Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
An easy, tasty dish. Add more cheese if you like.
Make and share this Mexican Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 6 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 green pepper, sliced into 6 rings
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Brown pork chops and arrange in 9x13 baking pan. Season with salt. Sprinkle rice around chops. Combine taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce, and water. Pour over chops and rice, cover tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, uncover, sprinkle with cheese and add a pepper ring to the top of each chop. Recover and bake 10 minutes more.
So delicious, so easy .... the boys are still raving!! Thanks for sharing!
This recipe is amazing! Pretty much everyone in my picky family really liked it (when I say "pretty much", mean my 5-yr-old pickiest eater even ate it without much nudging, which rarely happen)! The best part was that it was SO easy! Thanks for posting!
Very quick and tasty! Used only 4 pork chops and medium hot salsa instead of tomato sauce - I tend not to like tomato sauce based foods so I thought I'd give salsa a try! Turned out very flavourful indeed, bordering on a-bit-too-much, so the next time I will, historically, give the plain tomato sauce a go: the taco seasoning really adds a lot of taste so it might just work. Yes, I should have trusted your recipe, Lvs2Cook! :-) We did add more cheese and the next time I think I will quickly blend some of it into the rice, too. Thank you for sharing!