Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
A combination of Mexican and Italian. Brilliant!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 (1 lb) can kidney bean, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 ounces chili seasoning mix
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add beef, onion and garlic and stir until beef is just browned, crumbling with fork, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, paste and chili seasoning.
- Reduce heat, cover partially, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Arrange 5 noodles in dish; cover with 2 cups of meat mixture, then 1 cup cottage cheese and 1/3 of the cheddar.
- Top with remaining meat mixture and cheddar.
- Cover with buttered foil.
- Bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
This was good but it basically just tasted like chili.
This was a good recipe. Went together very easily. My family really liked it! I will probably be making this again. Thanks for posting!