Recipe by Boomette
You don't need lots of ingredients to do this recipe and it's not too expensive. From the issue of November 2006 of Coup de pouce.
Top Review by Redsie
This is a quick and easy dish! We enjoyed it but it was missing something... maybe because I used low-fat mozzarella instead of Mexican cheese!! For a quick lunch, this is great!! Thanks Boomette! Made for Tag! ;)
- 4 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 430 ml salsa
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a square pan of 8 inches and put 2 tortillas overlapping each other (fold the sides). Spread half the refried beans on tortillas. Sprinkle with half spinach and cover with 1/3 of salsa, then with 1 cup of cheese. Cover with another tortilla and remaining refried beans. Sprinkle with remaining spinach and spread another 1/3 of salsa. Sprinkle with about 1 cup of remaining cheese. Cover with the last tortilla and add remaining of salsa. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cook in a preheated oven of 350 F about 15 minutes. Keep on cooking under the grill 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is golden.