Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I make this once a month and we love it!
Make and share this Mexican Hashbrown's recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large potatoes, shredded
- 1 medium onion
- 1 -2 jalapeno
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 scrambled eggs (optional)
- 1 medium tomatoes (optional)
- 1 can olive (optional)
- 2 green onions (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Put oven on broil.
- In a large heavy skillet-I use cast iron-heat 1/2 the oil over medium high heat.
- Mix together the shredded onions, potatoes, jalapenos, salt, pepper and oregano.
- When the oil is smoking add to skillet and press down.
- After 4 or 5 minutes lift the side to see if its getting a nice golden brown, and then some.
- If so flip, and add more oil if you need to.
- After about 3 minutes begin to top your hash brown or wait until you remove it from the skillet and put on a cookie sheet or wire rack.
- So, on top you would place in this order, and remember, toppings are your choice.
- Hashbrown, scrambled eggs, fried chorizo, 1/2 the cheese, tomatoes, olives, onions and remaining cheese.
- Broil for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden in spots.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
I now make this recipe for my family once a month because they love it (me too)! It is good for any meal.