This is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I make this once a month and we love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large potatoes, shredded
- 1 medium onion
- 1 -2 jalapeno
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 scrambled eggs (optional)
- 1 medium tomato (optional)
- 1 can olive (optional)
- 2 green onions (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- 1Put oven on broil.
- 2In a large heavy skillet-I use cast iron-heat 1/2 the oil over medium high heat.
- 3Mix together the shredded onions, potatoes, jalapenos, salt, pepper and oregano.
- 4When the oil is smoking add to skillet and press down.
- 5After 4 or 5 minutes lift the side to see if its getting a nice golden brown, and then some.
- 6If so flip, and add more oil if you need to.
- 7After about 3 minutes begin to top your hash brown or wait until you remove it from the skillet and put on a cookie sheet or wire rack.
- 8So, on top you would place in this order, and remember, toppings are your choice.
- 9Hashbrown, scrambled eggs, fried chorizo, 1/2 the cheese, tomatoes, olives, onions and remaining cheese.
- 10Broil for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden in spots.
- 11Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Hashbrown's
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1528.6
- Calories from Fat 978
- Total Fat 108.7 g
- Saturated Fat 43.9 g
- Cholesterol 218.8 mg
- Sodium 3291.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 63.8 g