Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. One of my favorite cuisines is Mexican. This is a classic tostada recipe using tradition Mexican ingredients and a secret zip from some A1 Original Sauce!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups mexican cheese, shredded
- 4 avocados, pitted and diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- • Heat enough oil over medium high and fry tortillas in batches until golden crisp about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- • In the meantime heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium and add turkey. Cook until browned about 8 to 10 minutes, drain and set aside. To same skillet add onion and cook until just tender about 5 minutes. Return turkey to skillet along with A1 Original Sauce and water and cook another 10 minutes until liquid is almost gone.
- • In a medium bowl combine beans, corn, Mexican oregano, garlic powder and onion powder; mix well.
- • Build tostadas by evenly smearing tortillas with beans and sour cream, then top with meat, cheese, avocado, tomato and cilantro.