Just like the stuff at Taco Bell (or nearly so). I've made large batches of this and canned it, to have on hand throughout the year. Wonderful with chicken enchiladas, "enchiritos," burritos, and just as a dip for a taco. The original recipe came from a banged up library book featuring crock-pot recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large frying pan, melt the butter.
- 2While that's melting, mix the dry ingredients, then slowly add them to the melted butter, stirring CONSTANTLY.
- 3Gradually add the broth (there will be some sizzling & hissing), stir until smooth; when it begins to bubble, add the tomato sauce.
- 4This will be thick and is ready to use now or can be transferred to a crock-pot to keep it warm.
- 5Use "as is" or add to other recipes.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Gravy or Enchilada Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g