Recipe by Mo-B
My sister created this recipe, and then my husband and I adapted it to our tastes. It is creamy, spicy, comfort food for us. We always serve it with a side of baked tortilla chips for dunking.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 3⁄4 cups corn
- 1 1⁄4 ounces low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jarlow fat salsa con queso
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 6 quart stock pot, brown the turkey. Add taco seasoning, 4 cups of water, corn and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Once the potatoes are tender, mix cornstarch with a little water and add to the evaporated milk. Add the milk mixture to the pot, and simmer until thickened, about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add salsa and salsa con queso. Stir until incorporated. Remove from heat and blend in the sour cream.
- Serve -- .