Fiesta Corn Chowder
photo by Mrs Goodall
- Ready In:
- 2 cups frozen corn, cooked
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups whole milk, see note
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- tortilla chips
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute onion in butter until tender -do not brown, add garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Puree all the corn with the chicken broth in a blender, add to onions and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add the rest of ingredients and stir until cheese melts, simmer about 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with a few tortilla chips broken over the top, you could also top with black olives or salsa,.
- I will often buy whole milk for this recipe, but will also mix some half and half into non-fat milk. It would probably be fine with just the lower fat milk, but not as rich.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews