1/1 Photo of Mexican Fiesta Chicken
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This can be prepared in a crock pot or on the stove. I would suggest not adding the chicken until the last hr or so to prevent over cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot peppers, chopped
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (24 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (reduced sodium)
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1Sweat onions until soft.
- 2Add jalopenos, continue to cook for a minute or two.
- 3Add corn, both beans, tomatoes, salsa, seasonings.
- 4Cook for about an hour over med/low heat (should just be simmering.) Add cilantro, then taste. Adjust seasoning to your preference.
- 5Add chicken, simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- 6serve over brown rice. I personally like to put a tortilla in a bowl, then rice then top the rice. Garnish with cheese and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Fiesta Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.4
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 592.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 19.0 g