1/1 Photo of Mexican Dish
I originally tasted this recipe at a friends house in high school. Her mom would make this as a weekly meal. It tasted so good, I knew it took a lot of time and effort. No so!! After some years of downright begging, I convinced her to give me the specifics. It's quick and easy and very good. My kids love it as much as I do. I always make one with cheese and one without for my husband who gags at the thought of cheese. I have also made it on top of the stove and fried my tortillas to a crisp with a little salt on top (kinda like no cheese nachos) Believe me, when you live with someone who doesn't eat cheese, you learn how to work around it. Oh, how I yearn for lasagna!!!! But that's another story. Anyway, enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1brown and drain ground beef.
- 2add garlic salt and onion and cook until tender.
- 3add remaining ingredients and simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- 4fry tortillas in oil for about 10 seconds each and drain on paper towel.
- 5layer casserole dish with tortillas.
- 6follow with a layer of meat mixture.
- 7repeat until dish is full.
- 8finish with layer of meat mixture.
- 9add shredded cheese on top.
- 10bake at 360 degrees for about 15 minutes or until cheese is ooey and gooey ooooooh comfort food.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Dish
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1491.8
- Calories from Fat 1024
- Total Fat 113.8 g
- Saturated Fat 62.3 g
- Cholesterol 392.7 mg
- Sodium 2418.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 100.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch style beans