Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I originally tasted this recipe at a friends house in high school. Her mom would make this as a weekly meal. It tasted so good, I knew it took a lot of time and effort. No so!! After some years of downright begging, I convinced her to give me the specifics. It's quick and easy and very good. My kids love it as much as I do. I always make one with cheese and one without for my husband who gags at the thought of cheese. I have also made it on top of the stove and fried my tortillas to a crisp with a little salt on top (kinda like no cheese nachos) Believe me, when you live with someone who doesn't eat cheese, you learn how to work around it. Oh, how I yearn for lasagna!!!! But that's another story. Anyway, enjoy!!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 can ranch style bean
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 lbs shredded cheddar cheese
- corn tortilla
- brown and drain ground beef.
- add garlic salt and onion and cook until tender.
- add remaining ingredients and simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- fry tortillas in oil for about 10 seconds each and drain on paper towel.
- layer casserole dish with tortillas.
- follow with a layer of meat mixture.
- repeat until dish is full.
- finish with layer of meat mixture.
- add shredded cheese on top.
- bake at 360 degrees for about 15 minutes or until cheese is ooey and gooey ooooooh comfort food.
Made this last night... family loved it! A different twist on the same ol same ol of mexican food. Thanks for posting it.
I made this and actually didn't try it until the next day. As leftovers, it is OUTSTANDING! Very easy to make. If someone writes a book of foods that make great leftovers, they should include this.
This is A LOT better on the second day!