- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄3 cups plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup cheese
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 550 g pasta sauce
- Sift 1 cup flour into bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and drop in well beaten eggs.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup milk, water and 1 tablespoon melted butter, beating all the time.
- Beat until smooth then allow to stand for 1 hour.
- Grease frypan very lightly and heat.
- Pour in batter for a fairly large pancake.
- When edges are brown turn over.
- Repeat with remaining pancake batter.
- Cook mince in oil with garlic, onion and carrot.
- Add pasta sauce and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a separate saucepan melt 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Add 1/3 cup flour until bubbling.
- Add 2 cups of milk gradually, stirring continuously until thickened.
- Add cheese and set aside.
- Place pancake on plate and fill with meat sauce.
- Roll pancake up and use toothpick to hold in place.
- Repeat with remaining pancakes and mince sauce.
- Arrange on plate and spoon white sauce over pancakes.
- Serve with salad or chips or both.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
New stay home mum.