Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
Tired of dry Spanish or Mexican rice? Our family loves Mexican style food and I had to come up with the perfect rice after trying so many dry, bland, and plain rices. This one for us... takes the cake! As posted, this isn't very spicy at all, so just add more anaheim chili pepper to up the heat. I especially enjoy serving this side dish next to my Weeknight Ground Beef Empanadas http://www.recipezaar.com/282866
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄4 cup anaheim chili, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan until melted.
- Add and sautee bell pepper, onion, garlic, anaheim pepper, and green onions for 4 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cinnamon, seasoning salt, black pepper, paprika, and sautee 2 minutes.
- Add cilantro, rice, broth. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Stir once more and cover (no peeking) 15-20 minutes, then let sit off of heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and fluff with fork. Serve hot next to your favorite mexican dish.