Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern Living.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- chili powder
- fresh parsley sprig
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise; carefully remove yolks to a bowl.
- Mash egg yolks; stir in mayonnaise and the next 4 ingredients; stir to blend well.
- Spoon or pipe yolk mixture evenly into egg white halves.
- Garnish with chili powder and parsley sprigs if desired.
These are so yummy...I did find them on the salty side...so next time I think I will omit the salt and let people add it if they want too...the only change I made was to use cilantro in place of the parsley for my garnish...these have a nice little bite to them...a keeper for sure...thanks for posting the recipe...:)
Made as directed and everyone loved these. A nice change from typical deviled eggs. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Addictive little gems. I did cheat and not invest in some pickled jalapeno peppers for just the small amount needed. I used some fresh jalapenos and red chiles from the garden and added a bit of dill pickle juice. Worked for me and Dh gobbled it.