Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty summer side salad for making dinner feel like a fiesta! I use various hot or mild peppers to control the heat. Making this the day before adds more flavor to the cucumbers too. This adapted from an allrecipe.com recipe.
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn or 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, corn, tomatoes, peppers, and red wine vinegar. Season with crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, cumin, cilantro, salt, and black pepper. Cover, and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.