1/3 Photos of Mexican Cobb Salad
This is an old Ladies' Home Journal recipe. It's very attractive, different from an ordinary Cobb salad, and has a bit of a "kick". Great salad to serve with a Mexican food menu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced jicama or 1 1/2 cups celery
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1Combine dressing ingredients.
- 2Stir until blended.
- 4Use a clear glass serving bowl and layer one salad ingredient at a time, from lettuce through bacon.
- 5Serve immediately with the dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Cobb Salad
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.6
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 450.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 25.4 g