Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an old Ladies' Home Journal recipe. It's very attractive, different from an ordinary Cobb salad, and has a bit of a "kick". Great salad to serve with a Mexican food menu.
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced jicama or 1 1⁄2 cups celery
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- Stir until blended.
- Use a clear glass serving bowl and layer one salad ingredient at a time, from lettuce through bacon.
- Serve immediately with the dressing on the side.
Great salad! Instead of layered, I served it "buffet" style so my kids could take only the things they liked and DH and I could load up on the things that they don't like! I think I will thin the dressing a little next time but other than that...great salad.
Great salad. Loved the dressing. I used Iron Springs Honey-Chipotle Glazed Chicken Skewers for the chicken in the salad. We will have this again soon.
This is a beautiful and delicious salad. We loved all the ingredients and especially the dressing. Made for Iron Chef Game.