1/1 Photo of Mexican Chocolate Drop Cookies: Cooking Light
mikey & ev's Note:
From Cooking Light. Great little cookies! The outside gets crispy, the inside is warm and gooey. A really unique flavor that warms you right up! Personally, I'd cut the salt in the recipe a tad, but I'm sensitive to sodium. Also - feel free to pump up the pepper for a spicier cookie :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (60-70% bittersweet)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 3.5 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place chocolate in a small glass bowl; microwave on high for 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- 3Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through red pepper); stir with a whisk.
- 4Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixture at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes).
- 5Add egg; beat well.
- 6Add cooled chocolate and vanilla; beat just until blended.
- 7Add flour mixture; beat just until blended.
- 8Drop bough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray (or lined with parchment paper).
- 9Bake for 10 minutes or until almost set.
- 10Remove from oven; cool on pans 2 minutes or until set. Remove from pans; cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chocolate Drop Cookies: Cooking Light
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 36.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 0.5 g