Recipe by mikey & ev
From Cooking Light. Great little cookies! The outside gets crispy, the inside is warm and gooey. A really unique flavor that warms you right up! Personally, I'd cut the salt in the recipe a tad, but I'm sensitive to sodium. Also - feel free to pump up the pepper for a spicier cookie :)
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (60-70% bittersweet)
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (about 3.5 oz)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chocolate in a small glass bowl; microwave on high for 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through red pepper); stir with a whisk.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixture at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes).
- Add egg; beat well.
- Add cooled chocolate and vanilla; beat just until blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat just until blended.
- Drop bough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray (or lined with parchment paper).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until almost set.
- Remove from oven; cool on pans 2 minutes or until set. Remove from pans; cool completely on a wire rack.