Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 ounces tortilla corn chips
- 1 lb chicken wings, disjointed and tips removed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil,chili powder,oregano and cumin to blend well.
- Pulverize the tortilla chips in a food processor or blender.
- Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the seasoned oil,then dredge in the ground chips until coated.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes,until browned and crips.
I really liked the flavours and the easy way to make this chicken. I put all the wings into a plastic bag with the oil and shook the bag until the wings were covered. I replaced the chips with bread crumbs. I added some garlic powder and mixed the dry herbs with the crumbs and dipped the wings into the seasoned crumbs. I turned the wings several times while they were baking. I lined the baking sheet with parchment paper,the wings do not stick as they sometimes do with foil. A nice recipe, will make this again.