Trying to eat healthy? Throw together this quick and flavorful cold chicken salad-with a Mexican flavor! I served this warm flat bread, folded like a taco, but this would be delicious on bread in traditional sandwich form, or even on top of some dark leafy greens with a drizzle of salsa. Healthy eating everyone!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces canned chicken breasts (or 1 large cooked chicken breast)
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 large roma tomato, diced and seeded
- 4 leaves lettuce, sliced into shreds
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced fine
- 4 flat bread (or 8 bread slices)
- 1Run your knife through the chicken breast to break up the larger chunks. Place this mixture in a large bowl.
- 2Add cheese, onion, corn (thawed, but not heated), tomato, salsa and jalapeño.
- 3Drizzle avocado with juice of 1/2 lime, then add avocado to the bowl.
- 4Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and 2 tsp taco seasoning to the bowl, then toss to mix well.
- 5Assemble your meal by warming a piece of flat bread, then adding a layer of lettuce shreds before topping with 1/4 mixture. Fold and enjoy taco-style.
- 6**These are pretty large, filling serving sizes. If I was serving this with other dishes, I would probably estimate this would serving 5 or 6, depending on how hungry you are.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Salad Sandwich/Pita
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.2
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 347.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: