Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Trying to eat healthy? Throw together this quick and flavorful cold chicken salad-with a Mexican flavor! I served this warm flat bread, folded like a taco, but this would be delicious on bread in traditional sandwich form, or even on top of some dark leafy greens with a drizzle of salsa. Healthy eating everyone!
- 12 ounces canned chicken breasts (or 1 large cooked chicken breast)
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 large roma tomato, diced and seeded
- 4 leaves lettuce, sliced into shreds
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1⁄2 lime
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, seeded and diced fine
- 4 flat bread (or 8 bread slices)
- Run your knife through the chicken breast to break up the larger chunks. Place this mixture in a large bowl.
- Add cheese, onion, corn (thawed, but not heated), tomato, salsa and jalapeño.
- Drizzle avocado with juice of 1/2 lime, then add avocado to the bowl.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and 2 tsp taco seasoning to the bowl, then toss to mix well.
- Assemble your meal by warming a piece of flat bread, then adding a layer of lettuce shreds before topping with 1/4 mixture. Fold and enjoy taco-style.
- **These are pretty large, filling serving sizes. If I was serving this with other dishes, I would probably estimate this would serving 5 or 6, depending on how hungry you are.