Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This casserole is a good way to use up leftover cooked rice, chicken, cheeses, etc. My mother served this when I was a child...I don't know where she got the recipe but it's really yummy and I make it often.
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chilies
- 3 cups cooked chicken, in large pieces
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Blend cottage cheese, cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add mixture to remaining ingredients except corn chips.
- Pour mixture into a shallow 2 qt.
- baking dish.
- Sprinkle with tortilla chips.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or till heated throughout.
This was a wonderful dish. My husband cooked it, we ate it. We like LOTS of garlic, so next time will probably add more. I also topped my dish with some salsa.
Need a quick Mexican fix? Then this is the dish for you. This is a very easy and quick casserole to make and VERY flavorful. Can't wait to make this dish again. Thank you Judy for a wonderful recipe. :-)
Great dish to serve informally for guests along with a big tossed green salad and a bottle of wine. The only changes I made were to add some chili powder, cilantro, and a tad of red pepper flakes. Forgot to add the tortilla chips but offered them on the side along with some salsa. Everyone went back for seconds. From one Judy to another, thanks for sharing!