Recipe by Boomette
It can be any pieces of chicken. I tried it with boneless chicken breasts. You may adapt the cooking time. To make it low-sodium you may omit the salt and celery salt. Maybe celery seeds would be great.
Top Review by ellie_
Great chicken! Used bone-in chicken drumsticks and also skipped some of the ingredients for the sauce that I didn't have -- wonderful and top it off uses mostly pantry ingredients that are on hand, so no long grocery list! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 -2 lb boneless skinless chicken legs or 1 -2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (optional) or 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- red chili pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken legs in a baking dish.
- Mix all remaining ingredients. Pour the sauce over chicken legs.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven of 325 F for about 2 hours. If you use boneless chicken breasts, it may be less than 2 hours. I don't remember. Baste a few times with the sauce.