Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
It can be any pieces of chicken. I tried it with boneless chicken breasts. You may adapt the cooking time. To make it low-sodium you may omit the salt and celery salt. Maybe celery seeds would be great.
- 1 -2 lb boneless skinless chicken legs or 1 -2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (optional) or 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Put chicken legs in a baking dish.
- Mix all remaining ingredients. Pour the sauce over chicken legs.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven of 325 F for about 2 hours. If you use boneless chicken breasts, it may be less than 2 hours. I don't remember. Baste a few times with the sauce.
Great chicken! Used bone-in chicken drumsticks and also skipped some of the ingredients for the sauce that I didn't have -- wonderful and top it off uses mostly pantry ingredients that are on hand, so no long grocery list! Thanks for sharing!
This was great. Mild mexican flavor with lots of sauce. I used a little bit differnt technique. I made up spanish rice in my rice cooker. Then I put the chicken and sauce in a foil packet in the steamer basket of the rice cooker and in about 30 mins dinner was complete. Supper easy and tasty thanks for posting.
We really enjoyed these. The flavor is more like a barbecue sauce. Next time I'm going to increase the chili powder to give it more of a Mexican flavor. I used pheasant breast and they came out nice and juicy. This will be going in my pheasant cookbook. Thanks for posting.:)