Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this from my mom, who possibly got it off the WW website. It's low-fat, but it's good enough to be comfort food, easy enough to fix regularly, and tastes even better the second day!
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup (or 1 can cream of chicken, 1 can cream of mushroom.)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheese (NOT fat-free(it doesn't melt right)
- 1 (10 count) package corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Tear up tortillas into bite-size pieces and mix with all ingredients EXCEPT CHEESE. Only add HALF of the cheese to the mix.
- Put it all in an 8 x 8 baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30-45 minutes until cheese is all melted and bubbly on the sides.
This is definitely comfort food without the guilty. I made it as written. After 30 minutes in the oven I topped it with the cheese and put it back in for fifteen minutes. A girlfriend was here visiting and she had a spoonful and really liked it too. For the fun of it I might try added some onion and fresh jalapenos. Adding your recipe to my Encore cookbook. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game