Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. Per Serving: 339 calories, 34g protein, 9g net carbs, 16g fat, 109mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Add first 11 ingredients (tomato paste through bell peppers) to crockpot and mix well.
- Add chicken thighs and stir well to coat chicken with seasonings; add black beans and chilies, do not stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours Before serving, stir thoroughly.
- Serve with cheddar cheese and sour cream if desired.