- 4 -6 corn tortillas, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) box au gratin potato mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb chorizo sausage or 1 lb other sausage, cooked and fat drained
- 6 large eggs, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425F and spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange tortilla pieces evenly in the bottom of the pan; set aside.
- Add the boiling water to the cheese sauce in the au gratin mix; mix well.
- Add potato slices, onion, jalapeno pepper and cooked chorizo to the liquid.
- Add eggs and stir thoroughly.
- Pour over the tortilla pieces and spread evenly.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional five minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for ten minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa or pico de gallo.