Mexican Tortilla Breakfast Casserole
photo by Johnsonville Sausage
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 (12 ounce) packages Johnsonville Hot & Spicy Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red sweet bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced mild green chilies
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 10 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cook sausages according to package directions; cut into ¼-inch slices; set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté onion and bell pepper in oil until almost tender.
- Stir in garlic and chili pepper; cook for 1 additional minute.
- Add sausage and chilies; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cheeses, green onion and cilantro.
- In a greased, 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, sprinkle one third of tortilla chips.
- Follow with one-half of the sausage mixture and one-half of the cheese mixture; repeat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper sauce; pour over layered ingredients.
- Sprinkle with remaining tortilla chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Made with only premium cuts of pork and the perfect blend of spices, Johnsonville Italian Sausage is the perfect ingredient for your favorite dishes.</p> <p>This is a sponsored profile.</p>