Sheet Pan Spicy Corn Salsa
photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium red onion, diced small
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded monterey jack pepper cheese, plus more for garnish
- tortilla chips, for serving (red, white and blue)
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the corn and 2 tablespoons olive oil on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Roast, stirring halfway through, until slightly darkened in color, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, chili powder, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and some salt and pepper and toss to combine with the corn. Continue roasting for another 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro and cheese, stirring to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with more cilantro, shredded cheese and chili powder. Serve with tortilla chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!