Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy side dish to any Mexican meal! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked black beans or 2 cups canned black beans
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (may use more or less)
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt, to taste
- Saute garlic, onions and bell pepper in butter until soft.
- Add spices and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute
- Add black beans and broth. Bring mixture to boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Season with lime juice and salt to taste upon serving.