Recipe found on diabetic Living's website. I use Certified Angus Beef brand ground beef in this recipe for excellent results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces rotini pasta (dried multigrain or regular 1 1/3 cups)
- 12 ounces extra lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- black beans or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup picante sauce or 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese (reduced-fat shredded, 2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lime peel, finely shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to hot saucepan; set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook meat and garlic until meat is brown, stirring to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat.
- 3Stir the cooked meat into pasta in saucepan. Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, picante sauce, oregano, cumin, and chili powder. Transfer mixture to a 1-1/2- to 2-quart casserole or baking dish.
- 4Bake, covered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 3 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- 5In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, 2 tablespoons of the green onions, the cilantro, and lime peel. To serve, top each serving with a spoonful of the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining green onions.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Beef Bake With Cilantro-Lime Cream
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.4
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.9 mg
- Sodium 303.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: