Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Makes a great snack or lunch, thinly sliced turkey breast may be used in place of the smoked chicken slices --- the rolls must be wrapped and refrigerated for at least 1 hour or more before slicing or you may make them up to a day ahead ---adjust the Tabasco sauce to suit heat level or use cayenne pepper, all other amounts may be adjusted to taste, if desired serve the roll-ups with salsa or picante sauce for dipping.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) can olives, well drained and finely chopped (use green or black or half of each)
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced (or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- seasoning salt (optional and to taste)
- 8 large thin lettuce leaves (optional)
- 16 slices deli smoked chicken, thinly sliced (can use more or less)
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- salsa (optional, use for dipping) or picante sauce (optional, use for dipping)
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese with mayonnaise until smooth; add in chopped olives, green chilies, pimentos, garlic, chili powder and Tabasco; mix to combine well.
- Season with seasoned salt to taste if desired.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture into 8 even portions on a plate.
- TO ASSEMBLE; spread 1 portion of the cream cheese mixture onto one side of each tortilla.
- Place a thin lettuce leaf on top, then top with 2 slices smoked deli chicken.
- Roll up each roll as tightly as possible.
- Wrap each roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or more.
- Unwrap then slice each roll in half.
- Serve the roll-ups with salsa or picante sauce.
I mixed up and used as a sandwich spread on pita pockets. I used half black and half green olives. We thought they were really good. I would stick with the 1/4 tsp. chili powder next time, and use just a dash of Tabasco. All in all we really enjoyed this! Thanks Kitten