1/5 Photos of Mexi Ground Beef Chili Macaroni Casserole
1 hr 43 mins
1 hr 13 mins
Sausage meat can be used in place of the ground beef, and any small pasta can be substituted for the macaroni. If you like more chili flavor then add in a couple tablespoons of chili powder. I have even added in some red kidney beans and sliced green olives to this casserole, but that is optional. This casserole can be completely prepared up to 24 hours in advance, cover the casserole dish tightly with plastic wrap, then refrigerate until ready to bake, increase the cooking time slightly. For taco seasoning see Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional or to taste, add in if you like spicy!)
- 2 (1 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix (you can use 1 package if desired, or use a single or double recipe of my Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 8 slices bacon (cooked till very crisp and chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- seasoning salt (can use white salt)
- 3 cups cooked macaroni (can use less, cook the macaroni to JUST firm-tender)
- 4 cups shredded tex-mex cheese, divided (or to taste or cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese)
- 1In a large skillet brown the beef with dried chili flakes, onion, garlic and the green pepper until the beef is no longer pink (about 10-12 minutes, make sure the beef is well browned) drain any fat.
- 2Add in taco seasoning mix with Parmesan cheese; mix to combine and cook 1 minute.
- 3Add in the cooked chopped bacon, tomato sauce, 2 cans tomato soup and brown sugar (if using); simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Season with seasoning salt and pepper and mix in 2 cups shredded Tex-Mex or cheddar cheese.
- 5Add in the cooked macaroni pasta; mix to combine.
- 6Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 7Grease a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish (or larger).
- 8Transfer the mixture to the casserole dish.
- 9Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, then about 2 cups (or more)grated Tex-Mex or cheddar cheese.
- 10Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes, or until bubbly and the cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexi Ground Beef Chili Macaroni Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.7
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 1101.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: