Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
what can I say!!
- 6 eggs
- 250 g caster sugar
- 95 g flour
- 45 g bitter cocoa powder
- 30 g potato flour
- 180 g baking chocolate or 180 g chocolate couverture
- 375 g cream
- 5 teaspoons white rum
- Whip the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the sugar and whip until the mixture doubles in volume.
- Mix the cocoa powder, the flour and the potato flour, bolt it through a sieve and delicately mix it with the batter.
- Butter the cake tin, slightly coat with flour and spread out the paste.
- Bake it in the oven at medium temperature (200° C) for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- During the baking time, whip the cream- not too hard, it must stay creamy.
- Keep it in the refrigerator.
- When the cake has cooled down, cut it in two parts horizontally and soak them with the rum.
- Melt the chocolate at 40° C.
- Quickly mix the cooled, melted chocolate with the cream.
- Whip energetically.
- Rapidly spread this cream over the pastry.
- Quickly smooth the surface.
- Cool the cake for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Turn out the cake from the tin and dust with cocoa powder.