Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is soooo simple. It has only one Ingredient, and yet it has so much flavor. The chicken falls right off the bone.
- 1 whole chicken (cut-up)
- 1 (16 -32 ounce) bottle Italian dressing, fill baking dish with dressing about 2 inches (ours is Wish Bone)
- Pre-heat oven 325.
- For the most flavor, leave skin on until the end.
- Place Chicken with bone down, in baking dish.
- Shake bottle dressing, until mixed well.
- Pour the entire bottle over the chicken.
- Cover with Foil.
- It should cover most of the chicken.
- Bake for about 1 1/2.
- Turn Chicken every 1/2 hour.
- Remove the foil the last 15 mins, for browning.
- Different ovens vary. Chicken is done when it is very tender and falling off the bone. Do not add water to the recipe. At the end of cooking, I always remove the skin, this chicken will melt in your mouth,.
It was a greasy, horrible mess. Maybe I did something wrong.
For the ease I give this 4 stars. Definitely if you need soft cooked chicken without work use this recipe. It doesn't smell very good cooking though (probably because of the vinegar). I'd use a whole chicken, leaving the skin on. I used the chicken in easy chicken wraps made with mayo, lettuce, tomato and and more italian dressing! They were fast and tasty.
I really loved this chicken. The taste was wonderful. It was delicious and tender. I will definitely make this again.