Prep 15 mins
Cook 19 mins
We make this at least twice a year, it seems its everyone favorite.
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup Midori melon liqueur
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 baked 9 inch deep pie shell
- 1 cup honeydew melon, cut in balls
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- Place cold water in bowl and sprinkle gelatin over it.
- Let sit for 2 minutes, then stir in boiling water.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add orange and lemon juice and melon liqueur and stir well.
- Regrigerate until slightly thickened but not set.
- Whip cream until thick and fold in gelatin mixture.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Halve the melon balls and arrange on top of filling, cut side down.
- Heat apricot preserves and liqueur until well blended.
- Press through sieve into small bowl, then brush on top of melon balls.
- Chill pie well before serving.