Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 27 mins
From Dr. Kelly Brownell as published in Cooking Light.
Make and share this Melon and Pear Salad With Cayenne-Mint Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml water
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml honey
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 59.14 ml mint, chopped
- 14.79 ml lemon rind, grated
- 1419.54 ml cantaloupe, cubed
- 1419.54 ml honeydews, cubed
- 473.18 ml blueberries
- 473.18 ml strawberries (halved if large)
- 354.88 ml pears, cubed (about 2 medium)
- 236.59 ml blackberry
- 14.79 ml mint, chopped
- 0.59 ml black pepper, ground
- For syrup, bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook 3 minutes or until slightly syrupy.
- Remove from heat and stir in mint and lemon zest. Allow to steep 30 minutes. Stran through a fine sieve (discard solids).
- For salad: Lightly mix all fruit. Pour syrup over and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.