Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just like you buy from the Christmas Glogg stands in Scandinavia. This is alchoholic but mellow and needs overnight preparation and the beer to soften the alchohol flavour. Well worth the effort but IT MUST BE COLD OUTSIDE! You can make the base flavouring and then store and make in smaller quantities later.
- 3 (2250 ml) bottle dry red wine
- 350 ml vodka
- 350 ml brandy
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 lemon, peel only
- 250 g dried figs
- 15 cardamom seeds, peeled seeds
- 15 cloves
- 3 piece ginger
- 150 g sugar, to taste
- 750 ml port wine or 750 ml madeira wine
- raisins, and almonds to decorate
- 375 ml beer
- 5 cardamom seeds
- 5 cloves
- 1/2 bottle of red wine, all vodka and brandy and all spices, lemon, figs heated to boil and left overnight. This forms the base.
- Next day, heat and add sugar and further 5 cardamon seeds and 5 cloves.
- Add port or madeira.
- Add raisins and almonds to taste and just before serving , add a stubby of beer.
- Serve hot in glasses with some of the raisins and almonds.