Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had this at a hardware show in Toronto in 1996..Very rich....this is flourless, and gluten free
- 453.59 g best lindt semisweet chocolate (70 % cocoa butter)
- 453.59 g unsalted butter
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml premium melitta hot brewed coffee
- 8 large eggs
- 118.29 ml whipped cream (to garnish)
- In a large saucepan add sugar, chocolate, coffee and butter.
- Stirring constantly, heat until melted and dissolved.
- Remove from stove and place in a large mixer bowl.
- Whisk the eggs.
- Slowly very slowly, add the eggs into the warm chocolate mixture.
- Beat on low speed until Just blended.
- Pour into a foil buttered lined 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees, or just until ALMOST SET.
- Remove to a cooling rack.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Then place into the refrigerator.
- Slice next day, garnishing with whipped cream.
Your recipes bring on rave reviews at my house. I used semi sweet chocolate and a cup of my favorite brewed coffee. I managed to get the "to until almost set" just right. Luckily I had a little sample before serving or I would not be able to attest to it's wonderful taste. It was like gone! Thank you Andy Pandy for a recipe I'll be using for those special occasion desserts.