European Mocha Fudge Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter or 1 1/4 cups margarine
- 3⁄4 cup hershey's special dark cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
CREAMY COFFEE FILLING
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee
- chocolate curls (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F Butter bottom and sides of two 9-inch round baking pans. Line bottoms with wax paper; butter paper.
- Melt butter in small saucepan; remove from heat. Add cocoa, stirring until blended; cool slightly. Beat eggs in large bowl until foamy; add salt and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add cooled chocolate mixture; blend thoroughly. Fold in flour. Stir in pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not overbake. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Carefully peel off paper. Cool completely.
- For filling, combine all ingredients; stir until instant coffee is almost dissolved. Beat until stiff.
- Spread CREAMY COFFEE FILLING between layers, over top and sides of cake. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired. Refrigerate 1 hour or longer before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"