Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very easy way to make Mexican food at home.
- 1 lb ground beef (or shredded chicken breast)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (I recommend Pace)
- 1 (12 ounce) bagof kraft cheese (I use Kraft's Mexican blend)
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Brown ground beef. Drain. Add diced onion and continue cooking until onion is cooked through.
- Add 1/2 bag cheese. Add 1 cup salsa.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large baking pan, add half a cup of salsa to bottom of pan. Spread out evenly.
- Scoop generous portions of meat mixture into tortillas. I use about 4 tablespoons. Make sure you can still roll it. Roll and place it fold side down in the pan.
- Top with remaining salsa and cheese. Bake for 15 minutes. Make sure not to over cook. It’s only placed in the oven to melt the cheese.
this is a great recipe. i found one discrepancy, you state in step 2 to add 1 cup salsa into the mixture, but only have the 1/2 for the bottom of the pan (step 4) in the ingredients list. i had a 15.5 oz jar of tostidos mild salsa, i found it was just enough for the 1 1/2 cups, plus a tiny amount to put on top, so i used a spoonfull from an open jar in the fridge in edition to the 1st jar to completly cover the top in salsa - but i agree with MT that 15.5 oz jar of salsa is a good amount. I used ground beef and 10 small tortillas. I used a mix of colby/montery jack (8 oz bar that i tried to shred, but gave up and just crumbled) and sharp cheddar cheese (1/2 of an 8 oz bar, shredded)next time i might fry the meat up with some taco seasonings or use a spicier salsa to give it a kick - but all together a very easy and tasty recipe with lots of potential to be adapted to suit anyones tastes. this is definatly a new favorite :)
This was pretty good and so simple. I was looking for a quick weeknight meal and this was definately quick! I added 1/2 cup of salsa as the recipe states but I thought it needed more so I added a whole 15.5oz jar. Which, I thought, seemed like the perfect amount. My husband really liked this too. I used the smaller tortillas because it's all I had so since I used all the salsa, I just topped the enchiladas with the leftover beef mixture and the remaining cheese. My whole family enjoyed this. Thank's for sharing!