Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is super easy and the best chicken and dumplings you will ever taste. I highly rcommend making the onion cheese and corn bread to serve with this. Check my other recipies for that one.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth (i use low sodium)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper, to taste
- 4 Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, cut into 16 wedges each
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley (optional)
- saute onion and celery in olive oil until tender crisp.
- Add 2 cans chicken broth, 2 cans water, rosemary thyme garlic powder and onion salt.
- Bring to boil.
- Add chicken breasts and boil until cooked thru.
- remove Chicken from broth and shred.
- Add can of mushroom soup and shredded chicken back to pot.
- Add bay leaf and simmer 10 minute Bring back to boil.
- Add quatered biscuits (uncooked) to boiling broth.
- Boil 5 min longer.
- Reduce to simmer add salt and pepper to taste and parsley if you like.
I made this and my husband loved it except that it was a little thin. Next time I will hold off on a little bit of the water, but the flavor was great! Thanks for sharing!
This was easy to make, the spices deffinatly gave it a great flavor. I have only made it once and it came out a little thin, next time i will hold off on 1/2 of the water until the end. But overall it was great.