Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The is a tasty fried noodle dish with plenty of texture. A nice fragrant meal. If you like Asian food you have to have a go at making Meekrob.
- oil (for frying)
- 100 g dried vermicelli
- 10 cloves garlic
- 6 shallots, roughly chopped
- 100 g minced pork
- 100 g minced chicken
- 100 g chopped prawns
- 300 g bean curd, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 fresh red chilies, cut into strips to garnish
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts, to garnish
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, to garnish
- Deep fry vermicelli in hot oil, turning over.
- (It only takes a few seconds for them to puff and colour).
- Remove noodles from oil and drain on paper towel.
- Keep warm.
- To make the sauce: Heat a little oil in a wok and fry garlic and eschallots until fragrant, but not burnt.
- Add pork, chicken, prawn meat and stir-fry.
- Add bean curd and stir.
- Add eggs and stir to combine.
- Stir until liquid has evaporated and only oil is left in the base of the wok.
- Add sugar and vinegar, stir-fry until absorbed.
- When ready to serve, toss noodles into sauce in the wok, turning gently over low heat.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Turn out onto a platter and serve garnished with chilli, bean sprouts and coriander leaves.