These make wonderful nibbles for a party. They can be made up to 2 days earlier and refreshed in a 180C (350F) oven for 10 minutes. Australian measurements used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to hot 220C and warm a baking tray.
- 2Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the onion over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- 3Add wine and sugar and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, until the onion is golden. Remove from heat and cool.
- 4Combine the cooled mixture with the parsley, anchovies and cheese.
- 5Keeping the filo covered while you work, take one sheet and brush lightly with the butter. Cover with another sheet of filo. Repeat. You will have used 3 sheets of filo.
- 6Spread the parsley mixture evenly over the pastry and top with 3 more sheets, buttering each layer as before.
- 7Firmly press down, then cut the pastry in half widthways. Cut each half into strips 1.5-2cms wide. Brush with butter, then gently twist each strip. Lightly season with black pepper.
- 8Place on the heated baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Twists
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 91.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g