Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 55 mins
A delicious tuna noodle casserole that I got from Martha Stewart. You can substitute the artichoke hearts for broccoli or any other vegetable. I made the whole recipe and froze half for another day.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, plus more for baking dishes
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- 2 red bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups whole milk
- 4 (6 ounce) cans tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and thickly sliced
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degree. Lightly oil two 8-inch square (or other shallow 2-quart) baking dishes. In a large pot boiling salted water, cook noodles until 2 minutes short of al dente, drain, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a 5 quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium. Add bell peppers, season with salt and pepper. Cook until crisp tender, 4-6 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, add mixture to noodles in pot, along with tuna, artichoke hearts, and scallions. Season with salt and pepper, and toss. Divide between prepared baking dishes, and sprinkle with Parmesan. Make until golden and bubbling, about 20 minutes.