Recipe by Starrynews
I made this after being inspired by a wonderful salad served at our favorite local Mediterranean eatery and wanted to be able to make such an easy, healthy and delicious salad at home. You can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn, as long as you adjust the preparation as needed - if frozen, thaw before adding to salad; if canned, drain and rinse before adding. I am labelling servings as a side dish - if you want to serve as an entree, adjust ingredients accordingly.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
We enjoyed this healthy bean salad for lunch today. I used the cilantro option. DH and I both thought it needed a little more zip, so we added a splash of red wine vinegar to each of our individual servings. I'll enjoy this for lunch tomorrow. Thanks!
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 1 cup parsley or 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine kidney beans, butter beans, black beans, corn, tomato, onion, green pepper, cucumber, and parsley in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.