Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this after being inspired by a wonderful salad served at our favorite local Mediterranean eatery and wanted to be able to make such an easy, healthy and delicious salad at home. You can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn, as long as you adjust the preparation as needed - if frozen, thaw before adding to salad; if canned, drain and rinse before adding. I am labelling servings as a side dish - if you want to serve as an entree, adjust ingredients accordingly.
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 1 cup parsley or 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine kidney beans, butter beans, black beans, corn, tomato, onion, green pepper, cucumber, and parsley in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
We enjoyed this healthy bean salad for lunch today. I used the cilantro option. DH and I both thought it needed a little more zip, so we added a splash of red wine vinegar to each of our individual servings. I'll enjoy this for lunch tomorrow. Thanks!
I love bean salads-it's the first salad I ever learned to make. Subbed sundried toms
for fresh and a red bell for green. We liked the cumin in the dressing because usually
the bean salad I make has Italian seasoning. A scattering of cotija would have been good
on the salad but alas had none on hand. Will make again in the summer when tomatoes and
especially heirloom tomatoes are in season and plentiful. Reviewed for Veg Tag/February.
A delicious & different three bean salad! I like the colorful presentation & think it would be a nice potluck salad. I made mine early in the day & after marinating the flavors really shined. Thank you for sharing the recipe! :-)