1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Split Pea Dip
Julie B's Hive's Note:
Similar to humus but made with yellow split peas. Pull out your food processor and give it a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the split peas under running cold water.
- 2Put in medium-sized pan and add the coarsely chopped onion, the garlic and plenty of cold water.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until very tender.
- 4Drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid, and put in a food processor or blender.
- 5Add 5 tablespoons of the oil and process until smooth.
- 6If the mixture seems too dry, add enough of the reserved liquid to form a smooth, thick puree. (If you don't have a food processor you can mash the spilt peas with a fork in a bowl).
- 7Add the oregano and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Turn the mixture into a serving bowl and sprinkle with the finely chopped onion and extra oregano, if desired.
- 9Drizzle over the remaining oil.
- 10Serve warm or cold with savory biscuits.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Split Pea Dip
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.5
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 15.5 g