Recipe by Chef on the coast
My mother-in-law found this in one of her magazines she gets. She thought I would like it and saved it for me. It is a refreshing summer-time meal that is geared more towards grown-ups. Yield and timing are approximate.
Top Review by mersaydees
What a fantastic delicious and easy one-dish meal! The flavors came together perfectly. Thanks, Chef on the coast! Made as directed for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap 44, September 2010.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons clam juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, pour boiling water over tomatoes. Let stand for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, clam juice, apple juice, curry powder and pepper; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with olive oil, cook asparagus for 2 minutes.
- Add green onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in shrimp. Cook and stir 3 minutes longer or until shrimp turns pink. (If you get the frozen shrimp, don't cook as long - the shrimp is already cooked.)
- Stir in tomato mixture and tomatoes; heat through.
- Drain fettuccine and add to skillet; heat through.
- *The longer this dish sits - the sauce will thicken.