Light and refreshing. Needs nothing more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice or 1 1/4 cups long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 -5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved,cored and cut into ¼ inch dice
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan, bring 10 cups of water to a boil.
- 2Stir in 1 tblsp salt.
- 3Add the rice and cook uncovered over medium heat until al dente, about 15 minutes.
- 4Drain in a colander, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- 5Place the rice in a large serving bowl.
- 6Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil and stir in 1 tblsp of the lemon juice.
- 7Add the shrimp and cook until opaque, about 1 ½ minutes.
- 8Drain the shrimp.
- 9Transfer to a work surface and chop into small pieces.
- 10Toss the rice with ¼ cup of th e oil and the remaining 3 tblsps lemon juice.
- 11Add the shrimp, tomatoes, fennel, scallions, dill and garlic; toss.
- 12Add up to 1 tblsp more of oil.
- 13Season with salt and crushed red pepper.
- 14Let stand for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Rice Salad With Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.5
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 129.6 mg
- Sodium 169.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 23.6 g