I got the idea for this dish from a salad someone ordered at a restaurant in Vermont, where hot oil was poured over the ingredients tableside. I like to make this dish with chicken breasts but have also done it with shrimp. I'ts also great cold the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 8 ounces chopped black olives
- 10 -12 ounces fresh Baby Spinach (if using frozen, be sure to thaw and drain liquid)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice (optional)
- 1Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper(and lemon juice) and place in skillet with 1 Tbsp olive oil at medium-high heat.Cook until done, turning when necessary.Remove from pan.
- 2Turn the heat down to medium and add the garlic, sun-drieds, artichoke, and olives, another Tbsp of olive oil here as well. Start your pasta while these are simmering for 3-4 minutes.
- 3Add the spinach to the pan, along with the rest of the oil. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your pan. The spinach will reduce quickly.
- 4Slice the chicken. Add it to the pan and stir. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- 5Serve the mixture over the pasta and add the parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 709.3
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.2 mg
- Sodium 684.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 28.6 g