Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got the idea for this dish from a salad someone ordered at a restaurant in Vermont, where hot oil was poured over the ingredients tableside. I like to make this dish with chicken breasts but have also done it with shrimp. I'ts also great cold the next day.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 8 ounces chopped black olives
- 10 -12 ounces fresh Baby Spinach (if using frozen, be sure to thaw and drain liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice (optional)
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper(and lemon juice) and place in skillet with 1 Tbsp olive oil at medium-high heat.Cook until done, turning when necessary.Remove from pan.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the garlic, sun-drieds, artichoke, and olives, another Tbsp of olive oil here as well. Start your pasta while these are simmering for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the pan, along with the rest of the oil. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your pan. The spinach will reduce quickly.
- Slice the chicken. Add it to the pan and stir. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve the mixture over the pasta and add the parmesan.