Recipe by kimjunae
This is a copycat recipe from Cheesecake Factory. I had it the first time last year in 2007 and I can't count how many times I've had it since then. Hope this turns out okay, courtesy of recipelink.com Source: Chef,Jennifer Martinkus and Derrin Davis
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This was a great dinner. It was a little labor intensive, but well worth the end result and all the wonderful flavors. I used fresh herbs from my garden and kalamata olives. We did not modify this recipe a bit, nor would we recommend any changes. Thanks for a lovely meal and one that we will be making again.
- 10 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup minced garlic, divided (about 10 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi steaks
- 1 cup mixed olives in brine, pitted (such as kalamata, picholine, and niÃ§oise)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons garlic, and oregano in a small bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub fish with oregano mixture. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, soak olives in cold water 30 minutes. Drain, and soak in cold water 30 additional minutes. Drain. Chop olives and set aside.
- Place 4 tablespoons oil and chives in a blender; process until combined. Strain chive mixture through cheesecloth into a small bowl, if desired, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons garlic, thyme, and olives; cook 3 minutes or until heated. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Sauté fish, skin side up, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork. Place fish on individual serving plates. Spoon olive mixture evenly over steaks, and drizzle with chive mixture. Serve immediately.