This is a quick recipe that makes a healthy weeknight meal. It is great for warmer months when you don't want to heat up the kitchen. If using fresh or defrosted fish, the cooking time needs to be adjusted accordingly. The recipe is courtesy of Costco.
- 6 (4 -5 ounce) cod fish fillets, frozen
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, diced
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, diced (Not oil packed.)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Place the frozen fish fillets in a shallow baking dish and cover loosely with foil. Place in preheated 425 degree oven and bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil over medium-high heat, add salt to taste and stir in the penne; cook until al dente, approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Drain the pasta well, reserving 2 to 3 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- While fish and pasta cook, mix together the tomatoes, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic, vinegar and olive oil; add the drained pasta to tomato mixture and toss to combine adding reserved cooking liquid if extra moisture is desired.
- Divide the pasta and place on 6 plates, top each with a cooked cod fillet and sprinkle with feta cheese and freshly ground pepper.
loved it, but spice it up a bit with cayenne or red pepper - it was good again the next day for lunch too - just tossed a little bit of olive oil and fresh basil and it is awesome!