Chipotle Chicken Penne Pasta
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 15mins
- 8 ounces cooked penne pasta or 8 ounces pasta, of choice
- 2 large marinated boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (marinade recipe below)
- 1⁄2 sliced onion, thin
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 2 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 4)
- 1 ounce Cotija cheese (can sub parmesan)
- 4 fresh cilantro stems
Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cupls heavy cream (12 ounces)
- 2 1⁄4 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chile
- Mix together all marinade ingredients and add to cubed chicken. Allow the chicken pieces to marinate up to 24 hours.
- Prepare the chipotle cream sauce by combining ingredients; set aside.
- Drain marinade from chicken. In a hot saute pan with a little melted butter; add the chicken and onions. Cook until half done. Add the diced green chiles, mushrooms and Chipotle Cream Sauce. Bring to a simmer and let cook for another minute. Add the pasta; toss until well mixed. Pour into a warm pasta bowl. Garnish with crumbled cotija cheese and cilantro sprigs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!